Flood Warning issued March 8 at 10:42AM EST expiring March 18 at 2:00PM EDT in effect for: Fountain, Parke, Vermillion, Warren…
RTV6 and Indianapolis Downtown, Inc. are seeking entertainers to perform at the 50th annual Circle of Lights® presented by the Contractors of Quality Connection and Electrical Workers of IBEW 481 on Friday, Nov. 23.
All auditions will be recorded and made into an RTV6 Circle of Lights® audition special, The Circle of Lights® Talent Search. The show will take viewers behind the scenes for the drama as hundreds of Hoosier singers, dancers and entertainers vie for one of only five spots in the beloved Circle of Lights show.
Audition details: First auditions will take place Tuesday, Sept. 25 & Saturday, Sept. 29 at the following locations:
- Tuesday, Sept. 25 from 4 – 8 p.m. -- IBEW Local 481 Hall, 1828 North Meridian St.
- Saturday, Sept. 29 from 9 a.m. – noon -- Electrical Training Institute, 1751 S. Lawndale Ave. (Take Sam Jones Expressway to Lynhurst. North on Lynhurst to Minnesota. West on Minnesota to Lawndale. Left on S. Lawndale just before the I-465 overpass.)
Ten selected finalists from the audition dates will be called back to perform a second musical number or routine at a final audition on Monday, Oct. 8, 6:30 9 p.m. at the Murat Theater. After the 10 finalists perform, the final five that will appear in the live show will be chosen that evening (Oct. 8).
The one-hour Circle of Lights® Talent Search will premiere Thanksgiving night, Nov. 22 at 7 p.m. on RTV6. This is in addition to RTV6's live coverage of the Circle of Lights® Friday, Nov. 23 at 7 p.m.
There is no need to pre-register for auditions. Acts will be auditioned in the order in which they arrive. Those acts that audition in person are generally more successful.
Performers should prepare a number/act using the following specifications:
- Not to exceed 2 minutes. This time limit will be strictly enforced at auditions. Final acts chosen for the show will have approximately 3 – 3½ minutes to perform, but we must limit auditions.
- A holiday theme is required, featuring an upbeat holiday number.
- A keyboard and microphones will be provided. Please provide your own keyboardist. If you are performing to a track, please format your track to CD for the audition.
- Stage dimensions are 24’ x 16’.
- Group size not to exceed 25 persons.
Individuals/groups will be judged on talent, visual presentation, stage movement and commitment. Selected groups must commit to two evening rehearsals (dates TBD) at RTV6 prior to the event and from 2:30 8:30 p.m. on the day of the event, Nov. 23.