Many stores have now had their back to school displays set up for a week or two.
But this is the week the sales really start in earnest.
Blogger Andrea Deckard of SavingsLifestyle.com says if you want to save the most, spread your shopping out over several weeks.
That's because each week different stores offer different great deals, she says. If you do your shopping all at once, you will save time, but will spend a lot more.
Some of the best deals the week of July 22, 2013, according to a list compiled by SavingsLifestyle.com :
- Office Depot has two-pocket folders for just 10 cents.
- Office Max has glue sticks for a penny.
- Staples has 120 sheets of filler paper for just 50 cents.
- Walmart has scissors for 50 cents, and wooden rulers for 25 cents.
- Target has packs of Crayola colored pencils for 99 cents; Kmart has 24-packs for 49 cents.
You will find many more deals listed at SavingsLifestyle.com.
Two things to remember, according to Deckard:
1. To really save money you need to visit multiple stores.
2. It's best to spread your shopping out over three weeks. That way you catch the different sales each week, and you don't waste your money.