The November death of a missing Greenwood woman's father was caused by alcohol and methadone intoxication, according to a toxicology report released by the Marion County coroner's office.
Scott Louks (pictured, left) was found dead at his residence Nov. 3.
Louks said in August that he was reluctant to answer investigators' questions about the disappearance of his daughter, Brookley Louks, who was 19 when she was reported missing in June.
Scott Louks' laywer, Steve Litz, told RTV6 in August that Louks cooperated with investigators at first, but then became uncomfortable with the questioning.
Investigators were asking "all sorts of questions about his past and things that had nothing to do with Brookley's disappearance," Litz said.
A court order later compelled Scott Louks to answer investigators' questions.
Brookley Louks (pictured, right) was reported missing June 24. Police found her car in a restaurant parking lot in Waverly a few days afterward.
In July, Greenwood police named Joseph Nowicki, 53, of Greenwood, a suspect in the case. Nowicki, who was a friend of Scott Louks, is not charged in Brookley Louks' disapperance and has denied involvement.
Police in September said drops of what they believed to be Brookley Louks' blood was found in Nowicki's home. The blood was found during a search of the property July 17, police said.
Nowicki is being held without bail while
he awaits trial on firearms possessions charges. Nowicki has prior
convictions for aggravated assault and battery, second-degree
murder and robbery and is prohibited from possessing guns.
- November 5, 2002: Father Of Missing Greenwood Woman Found Dead
- September 17, 2002: Search Continues For Missing Greenwood Teen
- August 22, 2002: Prosecutor: Missing Teen's Father Must Answer Questions
- July 30, 2002: Drugs May Be Connected To Greenwood Woman's Disappearance, Records Show
- July 29, 2002: Suspect In Teen's Disappearance Pleads Not Guilty To Unrelated Charge
- July 26, 2002: Suspect In Teen's Disappearance Arrested On Unrelated Charges
- July 18, 2002: Police To Reinterview Man About Missing Greenwood Teen
- July 18, 2002: Police Search Home In Case Of Missing Greenwood Teen
- July 1, 2002: Police Baffled By Disappearance Of Greenwood Woman
Copyright Copyright 2003 by TheIndyChannel.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.