Police: Man wasn't allowed into oversold concert, called in bomb threat

INDIANAPOLIS – An east side venue was evacuated Friday night after a man told police he left a bomb inside.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police said they received a call from a man around 8:45 p.m. claiming he was from a middle eastern country and that he had left a bomb inside the Emerson Theatre, where a rap concert was taking place. Police said he also made multiple threats to harm the people inside of the building.

Officers said the man was denied access as the event was "oversold." Police said the man became angry because he had already purchased a ticket.

Police encountered a large number of people on the street when they arrived, because of the evacuation, and called for event response group officers to assist. Authorities searched the theatre and did not find any threats.

IMPD said they are still searching for the suspect.

 

 

MORE FROM THE CRIME BEAT | Arrest made in 8-year-old Indianapolis cold case | Homicide victims rarely become organ donors. Scott Morin was one of the few | Greenwood man 'set up' for 2-year-old's false kidnapping a day before her guardianship hearing | At least 13 people overdosed in Indianapolis on Monday. It was an average day | Homicide Map so far in 2017

Print this article Back to Top