IndyGo Route Improvements
Last Updated: 163 days ago
On Feb. 11, IndyGo will introduce Frequent Service on three routes, Monday through Friday, early morning through early evening.
Route 39 – East 38th Street and portions of
Route 8 – Washington and Route 10 – 10th Street will depart every 20 minutes or better.
- Route 8 serves Washington Street including Indianapolis Airport; Monday through Friday, Route 8 will run every 15 minutes between the Indianapolis Zoo and Meijer on East Washington Street from 6:30 a.m. to 6:40 p.m.
- Route 10 – 10th Street will run on 20 minute frequency between Tibbs Avenue and Washington Street at German Church Road, Monday through Friday, 5:15 a.m. to 5:50 p.m.
- Route 39 – East 38th Street will operate on 15 minute frequency Monday through Friday, 4:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Service frequency on 38th Street and 42nd Street between Franklin Road and Mitthoefer Road will be improved to every 30 minutes.
Along with new frequent service on Washington, Meridian, 10th and East 38th Streets, IndyGo is adding Sunday service on Route 34 –Dr. Martin Luther King/Michigan Road.
Feb. 10 will be the first Sunday of operation for the northwest side bus. Effective the same day, Route 34 will no longer offer select trips to ITT Tech and 9900 North Michigan Road. Instead, all trips will terminate at St. Vincent Hospital seven days a week. This service realignment will eliminate the following bus stops:
- Eastbound 96th Street at Angola Court
- ITT Tech at 96th Street and Michigan Road
- Southbound Mayflower Park Drive at 99th Street
A Route 28 realignment will take effect Feb. 10, resulting in more regular late night and weekend coverage of St. Vincent Hospital and St. Vincent Women’s Hospital. Route 28 will no longer offer service to the Pyramids and Michigan Road; however the Route 34 additions make this area more accessible daily, including nights and weekends.
Route 31 – Greenwood will make one later outbound departure from downtown at 9:20 p.m. on weekdays. The trip will terminate at Greenwood Park Mall.
IndyGo has planned future improvements and riders can expect to see more changes to service later in 2013:
- Launch of Route 86 – 86th/82nd Street Crosstown service that will run from Trader’s Point to Community North Hospital
- Frequency improvements for Route 19 – Castleton and Route 87 – Eastside Circulator
- Service realignments for Route 5 – North Harding, Route 11 – East 16th Street,
- Route 14 – Prospect, Route 19 – Castleton, Route 21 – East 21st Street, Route 30 – 30th Street Crosstown
New route schedules and maps will be posted online and available through Customer Service in early Janurary. To learn more about IndyGo’s current and new services in 2013, visit IndyGo.net or call the customer service center at 317¬.635¬.3344.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.