Man seriously injured in apartment fire on city's NW side
Few details released
Last Updated: 297 days ago
INDIANAPOLIS - A man was seriously injured in an apartment fire just before 11 p.m. Monday, Indianapolis Fire Department officials said.
Firefighters were dispatched to the 3100 block Watergate Road in the Stratford Apartments, near 34th Street and Moller Road.
The victim was rushed to Wishard Memorial Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Investigators said the fire sparked in the kitchen of one of the units.
The fire was brought under control in 30 minutes. Damage was estimated at $25,000.
Nine other people who lived in the apartments had to stay somewhere else for the night.
Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.