TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - Authorities say a couple whose bodies were found in a rural western Indiana home died from hypothermia over the winter after they chose to live without electricity to their house.
The Vigo County coroner ruled that the deaths of 51-year-old Daniel Young and 53-year-old Donna Young were accidental. Police found their bodies in late April after a relative called concerned about their safety.
Coroner Susan Amos tells the Tribune-Star (http://bit.ly/1kNvynH ) she believes the Youngs died in February.
Sheriff's Chief Deputy Clark Cottom says the couple declined assistance to keep electricity turned on to their house about 10 miles south of Terre Haute.
Deputies found a gas-powered generator in the garage that was turned off. Both Youngs were wearing winter clothing, and Daniel Young was found wrapped in blankets.
Information from: Tribune-Star, http://www.tribstar.com
Plane of Ind. dad-son team crashes during flight
The plane of an Indiana father-son team attempting to fly around the world has crashed after taking off from American Samoa.
Critics fight City's free recycling deal
Free trash recycling in Indianapolis may seem like a good idea, but surprisingly a group of paper, glass and plastic manufacturers are opposing it.
2 dogs found together on streets inseparable
People all over the world are hoping they can adopt a pair of dogs that were found wandering the streets together almost two weeks ago in…
Carmel restaurant faces health dept. violations
Despite reports of several customers complaining of being sickened from salmonella at the Agave Bar and Grill in Carmel, the restaurant's…
Ex-employee says prison workers had sex on desk
Indiana's prison agency mistreated a female employee when it shrugged off her complaints about workers having sex on her desk and when it…
David Bisard files appeal in conviction
Lawyers for former Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Officer Davis Bisard filed an appeal Wednesday after he was convicted in 2013…