INDIANAPOLIS - Two more inmates were mistakenly released from the Marion County Jail, officials announced Tuesday.
Sasha Chiclana, 26, was released Sunday, and Christopher Robinson, 36, was let go on Monday, but they both turned themselves back in.
The announcement comes just days after the news that two other men had been mistakenly released from custody. Those missing inmates were both back in custody by Friday.
According to sheriff's office Public Information Officer Katie Carlson, the mistaken releases happened because Marion County agencies are in the midst of a software conversion.
"As with other large-scale software conversions, issues are being addressed immediately by the appropriate entities once they are identified," Carlson wrote in a statement to the media.
Carlson said the Marion County Sheriff's Office is conducting an internal affairs investigation.
Source: Pence to 'clarify' religious freedom law
Indiana Governor Mike Pence will seek to "clarify" the new religious freedom law that has drawn intense national criticism to the state, a…
Gov. Pence appears on 'This Week' to talk RFRA
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence appeared on This Week with George Stephanopoulos on Sunday to talk about the Religious Freedom…
Pacers, Fever, NBA and WNBA respond to RFRA
The NBA, WNBA, Pacers and Indiana Fever released a joint statement Saturday reaffirming their commitment to non-discrimination in response to…
Seattle mayor announces Indiana travel ban
The mayor of Seattle joined San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee in announcing a travel ban to Indiana in response to the state's controversial…
Ind. National Guard MPs prepare for Afghanistan
Sadness and excitement mixed Saturday as members of the Indiana National Guard said goodbye to their families to begin a deployment in Afghanistan.