INDIANAPOLIS - Three men accused of rape and robbery in an attack on the city’s north side were back in court Tuesday, where they were formally charged.
Alexander Dupree, 23, Trae Spells, 18, and Michael Pugh, 21, each face 34 felony counts, including:
- 12 counts of criminal deviate conduct
- Four counts of rape
- Three counts of criminal confinement
- Three counts of car jacking
- Three counts of robbery
- Three counts of battery
- Two counts of intimidation
- Two counts of attempted criminal deviate conduct
- One count of aggravated battery
- One count of burglary
Each suspect also faces a misdemeanor charge of battery with bodily waste.
The charges stem from a crime spree at a family's home near 79th Street and College Avenue last Tuesday, during which several men got in through an unsecured back door, demanded phones, cash, car keys and jewelry, and raped one woman and shot and sexually assaulted another.
One suspect said there was a total of six men involved, and prosecutors say more arrests are coming.
Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.