Authorities still search for man convicted in Hovey Street slayings
Mother of victim to Tommy Warren: 'Face the music'
Last Updated: 75 days ago
INDIANAPOLIS - A man convicted for developing the scheme for the Hovey Street robbery that led to four murders is still at large.
Last Thursday, Tommy Warren, 29, went on the lam. Four days later, Warren is still eluding capture.
Warren pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery related to the Jan. 14, 2008 robbery that left two women and their young children dead.
Gina Hunt, her nearly 2-year-old son Jordan, Andrea Yarrell and her 5-month-old daughter Charlii were murdered in a blizzard of gunfire as they hid behind a bed clutching their babies.
Warren was not present, but he helped devise the robbery scheme, for which he received a 10 year sentence. He had already served his prison time and was serving the work release portion at Volunteers of America when he failed to return Thursday.
Elizabeth Duncan, whose daughter Gina Hunt and grandson Jordan were killed in the robbery, spoke out about Warren as authorities continued their search for him.
"You got off pretty good, to me. I don't understand why you would run," Duncan said. "You got to pay for what you've done. You have to. There is no way around. I expect him to come back. Face the music, do what you got to do to move on."
But because Warren has not returned, he will likely get more time.
"Not only would he be facing the backup time, but he could also potentially be looking at an escape charge or a failure to return to lawful detention, depending on the circumstances," said Deputy Prosecutor Denise Robinson. "Escape carries up to eight years. Failure to return to lawful detention carries up to three years additional time."
Ronald Davis, the trigger man, received 245 years in prison. Joseph Frazier got 70 years, Zarumin Coleman got 60 years and Donte Hobson got 35 years.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.