INDIANAPOLIS - A man has been charged in eight robberies across Indianapolis, including holdups at six banks, and is a suspect in other crimes, police said.
Chancley Podniestrzanski faces eight counts of felony robbery.
Last month, police from several departments in central Indiana exchanged information about Podniestrzanski, who was being held in Hancock County on burglary charges, police said.
Podniestrzanski fit the description of a serial robber who'd held up banks in Greensburg and Marion County, police said.
When police and the FBI interviewed Podniestrzanski, he confessed to committing eight robberies in Indianapolis.
Police provided a list of the robberies:
- Feb. 15 -- Bank robbery, Forum Credit Union, 5210 E. Southport Road
- Feb. 20 -- Bank robbery, Fifth Third Bank, 5075 W. Washington St.
- March 5 -- Bank robbery, PNC Bank, 3003 Kentucky Ave.
- March 12 -- Bank robbery, Fifth Third Bank, 5075 W. Washington St.
- March 21 -- Attempt business robbery, Village Pantry, 3375 W. Michigan St.
- March 21 -- Strong armed robbery of a person, 3021 W. Washington St.
- April 3 -- Bank robbery, Fifth Third Bank, 7373 W. 10th St.
- April 10 -- Bank robbery, Forum Credit Union, 7023 Corporate Drive
Podiestrzanski is being held at the Hancock County Jail on unrelated charges.
Indianapolis police said Podiestrzanski is a suspect in at least two other robberies in central Indiana.