INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
IMPD: Homeowner shot and killed attempted robber
An Indianapolis man was shot and killed by a homeowner Friday during an apparent robbery attempt, police said.
Several injured in Megabus crash on I-65N
Several people were injured in a crash involving a Megabus on Interstate 65 in Jackson County early Saturday.
1 dead, 1 hospitalized after Lebanon apt. fire
One person died and another person was hospitalized after a fire in an apartment in Boone County.
Fight breaks out at Anderson basketball game
Anderson Police had their hands full Friday night after a large fight broke out during a high school basketball game.
'Columbus Chucks' debut at rivalry game
Fans took rivalry basketball to a new level Friday night as Columbus North and Columbus East students laced up in shoes made just for the matchup.
Vigil held for teen killed in hit-and-run
Dozens gathered Friday night to remember a young hit-and-run victim, and to ask for help in finding her killer.