INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
8 Indy pools open for Memorial Day weekend
Eight Indy Parks pools will be open for the holiday weekend.
INDY 500: Surviving the Coke Lot
Sunday is the big day for race fans – but until then, there's plenty of fun to be had camping and tailgating at the Speedway.
INDY 500: Kid-friendly food, activities at IMS
Bringing your little race fans along to the track during Indy 500 weekend?
GOT MILK? What drivers drink in Victory Circle
Here's what this year's drivers have requested for their sweet, sweet victory nectar.
TRAFFIC: Plan your 500 Festival Parade route
If you're heading to the 500 Festival Parade on Saturday afternoon -- or if you're going somewhere else and trying to avoid traffic…