INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
19-year-old's controversial sex offender status
Zach was arrested last winter after having sex with a girl he met on the dating app “Hot or Not,” who claimed she was 17. She was…
Boy who gave trip away dies before 7th birthday
Family and friends gathered Thursday night to celebrate a Martinsville boy who selflessly gave up his Make-A-Wish trip to his…
1 killed in crash on I-74 in Hendricks County
One person was killed in a two-car crash on Interstate 74 in Hendricks County on Thursday evening.
Charges filed against driver in fatal bus crash
Charges have been filed against the driver of a church bus involved in a fatal crash Tuesday afternoon.
Unique beer honors survivors of USS Indianapolis
A California brewery is honoring the survivors of the USS Indianapolis with their very own beer.