INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
Elderly man crashes into Wendy's, hits trooper
A lunch date with his girlfriend turned into a trip to the hospital for one state trooper Friday after an elderly man barreled into the…
Brownsburg man running for girl he's never met
Three marathons in back-to-back weekends: It might sound like torture to say, but for a Brownsburg man, it's a labor of love.
Fatal crash closes I-465 ramp on west side
A fatal crash on I-465 near the intersection with I-70 closed a highway off-ramp on the west side Friday night.
Person struck, killed by train in Lawrence
A person was struck and killed by a train in Lawrence Friday.
'Pence Must Go' signs pop up around Indy
New signs of dissatisfaction with Gov. Mike Pence's job performance have begun popping up around Indianapolis.