INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
WATCH: Amazing configurations to rock classics
Not only are the configurations dazzling, but these classic rock covers by Ohio State's marching band are worth the watch and listen.
IMPD officer shoots alleged GameStop robber
An Indianapolis Police officer shot an alleged robber Saturday night at a south side GameStop.
7 bodies now found after Gary man's confession
A total of seven bodies have now been found after a Gary man confessed to murdering several women.
Ind. dog missing in South reunited with family
After being missing for months in a strange land, an Indiana dog is back where she belongs.
Better Business Bureau warns of Ebola scams
The Better Business Bureau and several government agencies are warning the public to be on the lookout for scams related to the Ebola virus.
DNR: Cool rains may shorten fall foliage season
The state Department of Natural Resources says the fall foliage season may be as colorful, but not as long, as usual.