INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
Police: Man exposed himself to Columbus woman
A Nashville, Ind., man was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly exposed himself to a woman in a Columbus parking lot.
Kokomo toddler dies from gunshot wound
A 9-month-old was pronounced dead Thursday after he was injured by a gunshot wound on Wednesday evening.
Megabus defends safety record in statement
This week, a passenger from the Megabus that crashed on I-65 this month spoke publicly for the first time about the event.
Memorial set for 1 of 7 found dead in Indiana
Relatives of a northern Indiana woman who was one of six women whose bodies were found last weekend in abandoned houses in Gary will gather…
Peru man, 70, found tied up, injured near field
Police were asking for the public's help to track down the person responsible for tying up and injuring a Peru man this week.
Arcadia council accepts marshal's resignation
The Arcadia Town Council accepted the resignation of Town Marshal William Hickrod after the fallout that stemmed from an attack on a…