INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
Boy allegedly killed by couple had broken bones
A 1-year-old boy allegedly killed at the hands of his mother and her boyfriend was seen with bruising and treated for broken bones seven…
StormTeam 6 ACTION: Thursday snow, arctic dip
It's a StormTeam 6 Action Day. An incoming arctic blast is fueling fluffy snowfall for Thursday.
Woman with autism says man raped, assaulted her
A Miami County man has been accused of assaulting and raping a woman with autism.
FAQ: What to know about Purina Beneful lawsuit
Since RTV6 sister station WCPO broke the story Tuesday about a lawsuit involving popular dog food brand Purina Beneful , we've received…
Ritz presents new 'State of the Classroom'
In a brand-new approach to addressing the state of education in Indiana, "The State of the Classroom" is ready for the watching.
More protected bike lanes coming to Indianapolis
Leaders with the national organization People for Bikes said protected bike lanes are like "sidewalks for bikes" and Indianapolis needs…