INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
Fishers program connects mentors w/ HSE students
A unique program in Fishers pairs adult volunteers with students to help them get through the struggles of school and life.
#INDYTODAY | Things to do this Friday & weekend
There are tons of things to do this Friday and weekend in Indianapolis with #INDYTODAY.
Police: Man tried to kidnap boy in Lafayette
Police in Lafayette are investigating the reported attempted abduction of a 12-year-old boy.
Two men killed in Monroe County plane crash
Two people were killed Thursday after a small plane crashed near the Monroe County Airport, the coroner's office confirmed.
Attacker to be sentenced for Purdue shooting
The lawyer for an Indiana man who pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing and shooting a fellow Purdue University student is expected to try to…
New app allows Indiana voters to register
A new application allows Indiana residents to use their smartphones to register to vote.