INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
Need a job? Kroger hosting job fair Tuesday
The Kroger in Franklin, Indiana is hosting a job fair Tuesday and Wednesday to try and find workers for multiple shifts.
Candle causes $25,000 of damage in house fire
A candle placed too close to a sofa was the cause of a house fire that broke out early Tuesday morning.
Mother cat and kittens abandoned in cage
The Putnam County Humane Society posted a harsh letter Friday chastising whoever dropped a family full of cats at their front gate with no…
Indianapolis sees violent Memorial Day
Memorial Day wasn't much of a holiday for Indianapolis police, who were called to multiple shootings within hours of each other all…
IMS launches 'Race to Renew' for 2017 tickets
The race to renew your tickets for the 2017 officially began at midnight.