INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
Beech Grove 1st grader brings bullet to school
Hundreds of Beech Grove families received an email notifying them a first grader brought a bullet to an elementary school.
Greenwood PD arrest man in 2015's 1st killing
A 29-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the killing of a Greenwood man.
Gov. Mike Pence announces anti-drug program
Indiana Governor Mike Pence announced a program to combat drug use in a press conference Tuesday.
Former Fogle exec expected to plead guilty
Former Jared Foundation executive director Russell Taylor is expected to enter into a guilty plea deal with United States attorneys in…
Fire displaces 2 Indianapolis families
Two Indianapolis families are out of their homes after an apartment fire on the east side.