INDIANAPOLIS - Citizen's Energy Group issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after the Indianapolis area received heavy rainfall.
Heavy rainfall can cause raw sewage to overflow Indianapolis' combine sewer system, according to Citizen's, leading to contamination of nearby water sources.
Citizen's is advising residents to avoid all contact with streams for the next four days in the following areas:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
Penn State beats Indiana 29-7
Christian Hackenberg threw for 262 yards, two touchdown passes, ran for two more and Penn State beat Indiana 29-7 on Saturday.
Lawrence police investigating shooting
One person is in stable condition after a shooting in Lawrence.
I-70 EB lanes closed in Henry County for crash
I-70 eastbound is closed due to a fatal accident near Wilbur Wright Road in Henry County.
Squirrel causes power outage in Carmel
2,500 people were impacted by a power outage in Carmel Saturday morning.
Stink raised over horse manure on Indiana roads
A push aimed at eliminating horse manure in parking lots and roadways is facing opposition from Amish residents of a northeastern Indiana county.