Convicted Noblesville child molester back in jail after photos reveal potential new victims

Ex-wife found box of photos under man's bed

NOBLESVILLE, Ind. - A convicted child molester could face new charges after detectives said his ex-wife discovered photos of additional young victims.

The ex-wife told detectives she found the box full of film and photographs as she was gathering her ex-husband's things to divorce him.

Brandon James Hasche, 28, was listed on the Indiana Sex Offender Registry for his child molestation conviction from November.  Court records list a single female victim, who said that he began molesting and having sex with her when she was between the ages of 8 and 12.

As part of that original court case, the victim told authorities that Hasche photographed some of the abuse.  Police reported that Hasche's girlfriend at the time also told them that he had photographed "possibly other victims," according to court records.  

However, detectives wrote in new court documents that photos depicting other victims were never located until Hasche's wife brought a box full of new evidence to the Hamilton County Sheriff's office on March 15.

The ex-wife declined to comment Monday when Call 6 Investigators visited the home where she made the discovery.

Her current boyfriend said, "Her biggest fear is that he gets back out and does this to others."   

The boyfriend spoke on the condition of anonymity, adding that his girlfriend did not want to discuss the case.  

"She's been through a lot," he said.

In court papers, Hamilton County Sheriff's detectives wrote that the ex-wife found a sealed box, marked "Brandon's Bed Box." Inside was a yellow shoebox that contained a 35-millimeter camera and several rolls of undeveloped film.

The box also contained assorted personal paperwork and credit card receipts.

Deputy Bryant Orem, spokesman for the Hamilton County Sheriff's office, declined to answer questions about the case or how many victims might be pictured in the new evidence. 

In an email, Orem said the evidence has been turned over to the local Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) task force for examination.

Matt Kestian, the assistant prosecutor who handled the first case, also declined to comment on the new discovery, saying it was a pending criminal investigation.

Hasche served only two months behind bars for his original child molesting conviction. A six-year prison term was suspended by the judge. 

Court records and his sex offender registry listing reflect that Hasche was placed on probation for four years, along with two years under a work release program of the Hamilton County Community Corrections department.  

According to court records from the original case, detectives found photos of the girl who led to his arrest. They also found other photos on his home computer, but officers wrote that it was mostly "child erotica" showing clothed girls around 9 or 10 years of age in various provocative poses.  None of those photos originally led police to additional local victims.

Hasche was quickly locked up when the new photographs surfaced, with authorities accusing him of violating terms of his probation.

Probation officials filed a new notice on Monday, telling the judge on his case that he violated terms of his probation. A hearing is set for May 23, when the judge could decide to impose the full six-year prison term that had been suspended at his original conviction.

Hasche's criminal record includes a number of issues involving domestic violence and other household disputes. In August 2009, he admitted to violating a protective order of a romantic interest. He entered a pre-trial diversion agreement, which allowed his case to be dismissed in 2010.

He also has a similar arrest from last month, when he was accused of violating another protective order. He was also charged with domestic battery, with both cases still pending in the court system.

 

 

Follow Stephen Dean on Twitter: @deantvnews

Print this article Back to Top