Crews evacuated Wal-Mart, others after finding gas leak
Leak was temporarily secured
Last Updated: 124 days ago
HAMILTON COUNTY, Ind. - Firefighters were on the scene of a gas leak at a Wal-Mart in Hamilton County on Monday evening.
Crews from the Westfield Fire Department were called to the scene in the 2000 block of East 151st Street around 9 p.m.
They received a call of a strong smell of gas and evacuated the building to search for the leak, officials said.
Firefighters found a ruptured pipe outside of the Wal-Mart and were able to temporarily secure the leak while they waited for workers with Vectren to arrive. After they were able to secure the leak, officials allowed the Wal-Mart to reopen.
Rack Room Shoes and Five Below were also evacuated as a precaution. Officials said there were about 100 people inside all three stores at the time of the evacuation.
Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.