INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis father will spend six years behind bars for the starvation death of his infant son.
Gregory Robey was sentenced Friday after previously pleading guilty to a felony count of neglect of a dependent.
Robey's son, 3-month-old Phillip, was malnourished and weighed only 5 pounds at the time of his death in November 2012.
The Riley Hospital for Children physician who examined the child said it was the worst case of starvation she had ever seen.
The child's mother, Bambi Glazebrook, 31, was originally charged with murder, but pleaded guilty to neglect of a dependent in March.
Glazebrook was sentenced May 30 to 30 years in prison.
Glazebrook told investigators Phillip did not have a crib; instead, she kept him in a drawer.
Driver fed up with protesters rips away bullhorn
Late for work, Tyree Landrum took action this morning.
Anderson man killed during 2 a.m. hair cut
An Anderson man was killed early Thursday morning while getting his hair cut, police said.
Mom shares car seat concern after son's death
With the busy holiday travel weekend underway, a mother of three is making an emotional plea to anyone transporting a child, Call 6…
Colts waive Purifoy, sign Brown
The Indianapolis Colts continued to tinker with their roster, and the latest move was a result of an unspecified internal issue with Loucheiz…
Lawmaker wants highway route law re-examined
A central Indiana lawmaker wants to revise a state law restricting the route of the final leg of the Interstate 69 extension between…
Jails revisit 48-hr detention amid lawsuits
Hundreds of people could share in a settlement of a class-action lawsuit filed after they were jailed more than 48 hours without probable…