Dog saves foster mom from house fire, finds forever home
Cherry woke up woman when space heater caught fire
Last Updated: 265 days ago
An Indiana woman says her heroic dog saved her from a fire.
Amy Donaldson was serving as a foster parent for Cherry, a pit bull, after a family decided not to adopt her the day before.
The next day, Donaldson was sleeping when Cherry began jumping up and licking her face until she woke up.
Donaldson said she noticed a space heater had caught fire and her home was filling with smoke.
"She's my favorite flavor of Life Saver, now. She's Cherry Life Saver," Donaldson said.
Now, instead of just fostering Cherry, Donaldson plans to adopt her.
"I think she showed me yesterday that she wants to be with me," Donaldson said.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.