INDIANAPOLIS - Multiple ambulances were called to a house on the south side early Friday morning as firefighters fought to control flames in the building.
Crews were called to a house on the 2300 block of Beecher Street around 4:30 a.m. Friday after a fire sparked while the 73-year-old homeowner was cooking bacon.
The homeowner, identified as Patricia Bunten, attempted to put the fire out with water and flour, but had no success, according to IFD Capt. Rita Reith.
Neighbors told RTV6 that they woke up and heard a woman's screams coming from the house.
When firefighters arrived, Bunten told them her 53-year-old sister was still in the home. Crews located her in a bedroom and brought her out to medics, who rushed her to Eskenazi Hospital in critical condition.
Early estimates had damage to the home at $75,000.
This is a developing story. Check back with RTV6 for updates.
Ball State class studying couple's chemistry
On a sun-soaked Sunday afternoon, Brandon and Claire were making their way through a corn maze at Landess Farm.
9 DIY last minute Halloween costume ideas
Procrastinate much? If so, RTV6's sister station WCPO's community manager Megan Fenno has some suggestions for making Halloween great.
'Werewolf' breaks into Franklin home
A man wearing a werewolf mask attempted to rob a Franklin home Friday, police said.
Indiana police get millions in DoD equipment
Central Indiana police have received more than $11 million worth of surplus military equipment from the Department of Defense since 2006,…
PD: Man drags GF's body from fatal crash scene
A woman was killed in a SUV crash and police said her boyfriend dragged her body from the scene into their home Thursday night in Tipton…
Pence names new Homeland Security director
Gov. Mike Pence has tapped a new executive director for the Indiana Department of Homeland Security.