Fire sparks at Bub's Burgers in Carmel
Lightning possibly caused fire, officials say
Last Updated: 83 days ago
CARMEL, Ind. - A fire at Bub's Burgers and Ice Cream restaurant in Carmel early Thursday was possibly sparked by lightning, officials said.
As heavy rain, thunder and lightning moved through central Indiana just before 6 a.m., firefighters were called to the restaurant in the 200 block of West Main Street on reports of a fire alarm. Carmel firefighters were already responding to other fires in the area, so Fishers fire crews were dispatched to the restaurant.
Carmel Fire Marshal Bruce Knott said that because of the firefighters' quick response, the damage to the outside of the building was minimal.
Main Street was blocked through rush hour as crews worked to clear the scene.
Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.