All the humans are OK, but two dogs died and six cat are unaccounted for after a Wednesday morning house fire on Indianapolis' near-east side.
INDIANAPOLIS -- All the humans are OK, but two dogs died and six cats are unaccounted for following a Wednesday morning house fire on Indianapolis' near-east side.
The fire broke out around 1 a.m., in the 300 block of N. Keystone Avenue.
The people living in the house got out OK, taking four newborn kittens with them.
Two dogs, named Rico and Cheyenne, died in the fire.
Seven cats were rescued by firefighters, who used pet oxygen masks to help them. Their names are Noah, Curious, Evie, Lazy, Willie, Mama and Tiny.
In 2015, the Indianapolis Fire Department received 35 pet oxygen masks.
RELATED | Indianapolis Fire Department receives 35 pet oxygen masks
Six cats are still unaccounted for.
The couple don't know what started the fire, but told firefighters they'd been having electrical issues. There were no working smoke detectors in the house.
MORE PET RESCUES:
Columbus firefighters rescue 18 pets from fire
Indy firefighters rescue dog from house fire
Tiny oxygen masks credited with big hamster rescue
Home break-ins are reported to Indianapolis police often, but officers and security experts want victims of burglaries to remain safe.
President Trump released his 2018 budget proposal Tuesday, which calls for drastic cuts to health care, among other areas.
A father of three young children has begun using his cancer diagnosis to inspire others around him.
Daily chance of rain returns Wednesday.
A trailer was stolen from a disabled Marine veteran, and the man has asked the thieves to return it as he now has limited mobility.