FISHERS, Ind. - A crime watch alert was issued for Fishers residents on Wednesday after an investigation into a previous home break-in.
Police responded to a residential burglary in the Brooks Landing neighborhood, near 104th Street and Olio Road, on July 23.
An investigation revealed that prior to the burglary, the suspect broke into the resident’s vehicle that was parked at a local business near 116th Street and Olio Road.
Investigators believe the suspect took a garage door opener and used the vehicle registration in the car to find the victim’s address and break into the home.
Officials encouraged residents to secure their vehicle registrations and garage door openers in a locked glove box or trunk.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Cesar Rodriguez at 317-595-3300.
Police offered some of the following home safety tips:
- Install exterior lights at all entrances. Consider motion detector lights.
- Check who is at the door and do not open the door to anyone you don't know.
- Leave a light on when you are not home. If you are on vacation, use a timer to control lighting.
- Remove house keys from your keychain when your car is serviced.
- Stop mail and newspaper delivery when you are away.
- Close window blinds at night.
- Keep trees and bushes trimmed. Do not let plants block doors and windows.
Police said to report anything suspicious at 317-773-1282 (non-emergency) or 911.
Upscale steakhouse coming to downtown
An new, upscale steakhouse is coming to the Illinois building.
Lewd details of IU student's murder revealed
Disturbing details of the events that led to the death of Indiana University student Hannah Wilson were released Monday in Brown County court…
'I just want to hear her laugh one more time'
Family, friends and fellow students came out Saturday to remember the life of Hannah Wilson, the 22-year-old IU student from Fishers who was…
92-year-old man with dementia found safe
Alfred McCormick was found in northern Indiana.
Is Indiana University safe?
After the body of 22-year-old Senior Hannah Wilson was found last Friday in a Brown County field, and after a man fired a gun in a…