INDIANAPOLIS - A south side carwash sustained heavy damage Sunday after a vehicle caught fire while inside.
Kathy Stricker, 57, told firefighters she had borrowed a 1997 Ford F250 from a friend to haul mulch and was taking it to Hog Wash Car Wash on South Shelby Street to clean it off when the fire occurred.
According to Stricker, as she was inserting coins into the machine to turn the sprayers on, she noticed flames coming from the engine compartment of the truck.
Stricker and another customer began trying to extinguish the truck with buckets of water, but were unsuccessful.
Strick said she also jumped back into the truck to attempt to move it, but was unable to.
The flames eventually spread from the truck to the rest of the structure, doing an estimated $300,000 worth of damage.
The manager of the carwash, who was in an upstairs apartment at the time, was able to evacuate safely.
No one else was injured.
Who's wearing their mustache the best?
The Westfield Police Department is raising money for Relay for Life and raising awareness for men's health in November.
Luck increases activity, uncertain about return
Andrew Luck walked into the Colts' locker room Wednesday dressed in his customary shorts and baseball cap.
Mozel Sanders dinner feeding thousands
While most people travel and enjoy their families, volunteers spend their early Thanksgiving morning prepping meals for…
Mozel Sanders Dinner preps to feed thousands
While many were traveling Wednesday night, hundreds of volunteers spent their time hard at work getting ready for the annual Mozel Sanders…
Equine-therapy center damaged by heavy winds
A non-profit group in Greenfield has made it their mission to use horses as therapy for kids with special needs – but now they need…