LIGONIER, Ind. - A northern Indiana museum that originally served as a synagogue for a thriving Jewish population will receive a state historical marker next month.
The marker honoring the 125-year-old former temple will be unveiled Aug. 31 in the Noble County town of Ligonier.
The brick building that's adorned with stained-glass windows was dedicated in 1889 by the congregation Ahavath Sholom, which means "peace loving" in Hebrew.
German Jews who immigrated to the U.S. in the 1850s thrived in Ligonier, some 40 miles northwest of Fort Wayne. But their numbers declined in the early 1900s as opportunities in large cities lured away younger residents.
The synagogue held its last Jewish service in 1954, and the building became the home of the Ligonier Historical Museum in 1989.
The NFL's Most Valuable Player award should, in theory, be given to the player who means the most to their team. But it's rarely…
The natural gas explosion that destroyed a Noblesville home under construction on Sunday was accidental and caused by a leak in the furnace,…
Former Butler basketball standout Andrew Smith is being honored by his former high school.
Have the jacket handy throughout the day today as it will be a cool and cloudy with a pretty good breeze out of the northwest.
A beer sign at a local brewery is creating a controversy in Fishers, Indiana.