Gas leak leaves nearly 30 sick at Plainfield warehouse

PLAINFIELD, Ind. - Nearly 30 people were being evaluated by emergency personnel after an apparent carbon monoxide leak at a Plainfield business.

Wayne Township firefighters and EMS personnel were dispatched to the Bright Point warehouse at 2675 Reeves Road in Plainfield just before 10:30 a.m. Friday.

Employees at the warehouse were complaining of nausea, headaches and respiratory issues.

EMS personnel said four or five employees had been taken to IU West Hospital for further evaluation. They were not believed to be in serious condition.

Plainfield Fire Department Assistant Chief Brent Anderson said he believed the leak was caused by an issue with the warehouse's ventilation system. A maintenance crew was already on-scene to fix the issue. 

Print this article Back to Top