IFD: 5 residents displaced after west side Indianapolis apartment fire
Fire sparked in laundry room, investigators say
Last Updated: 233 days ago
INDIANAPOLIS - Five west side residents were displaced from their homes early Tuesday after a fire at the Spring Hill Apartments.
Just before 1 a.m., Indianapolis Fire Department crews said resident George Durham smelled smoke and alerted his neighbors to leave the building.
When firefighters arrived to the 6500 block of Spring Hill Way, they found heavy smoke billowing from one of the units.
Firefighters said the blaze was sparked by heater motor in a laundry room that caught fire.
No injuries were reported and crews estimated the fire caused $150,000 in damages.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.