INDIANAPOLIS - An explosion that blew the roof off a west-side apartment building was caused by the slow release of natural gas inside one of the units, investigators said.
The Indianapolis Fire Department released a statement Tuesday about the May 15 blast, attributing the incident to "an unintentional, accidental opening of a gas line inside the townhouse of origin."
The explosion displaced several residents at the Pangea Riverside Apartment complex , and officials estimated about $250,000 in damage.
A 20-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman were hospitalized with burns after the explosion.
Burned teen's death ruled homicidal asphyxiation
Detectives said the 15-year-old girl found badly burned on the city's west side Sunday was student at Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center.
Irsay pleads guilty to misdemeanor OWI charge
Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay was suspended six games and fined $500,000 by the NFL after he pleaded guilty to one OWI misdemeanor charge.
Police plea for help finding accused molester
Police are searching for a man accused of molesting a 7-year-old girl, and they think he might try to flee the country, officials announced Tuesday.
Man caught on video sifting through fire truck
Wayne Township firefighters asked the public to be on alert after a man was caught on camera sifting through items in a fire truck last Friday.
Family: Girl 'actually had a heart and cared'
The family of a slain 15-year-old girl found burned over the weekend spoke out Tuesday, urging everyone to keep an eye on their loved ones,…
PICS: Inside Simon home for sale at $25 million
See pictures from inside the home where Mel and Bren Simon lived, now listed for sale for $25 million.