INDIANAPOLIS - One man was killed and three other people were injured after a shooting on the city’s near-east side late Friday evening.
The shooting was reported in the 3900 block of East New York Street just before 10 p.m., dispatchers with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department confirmed.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found a male victim, later identified as 23-year-old Terrance Holmes, of Indianapolis, who had been fatally shot and three other people suffering from gunshot wounds.
The injured victims were identified as 21-year-old Dairon Kennedy, 23-year-old Ronald Kennedy, and 20-year-old Tyree Brodley, all of Indianapolis. They were all taken to Eskenazi Health Hospital in stable condition.
A neighbor told crews at the scene that he heard 20 to 25 gunshots and he thought it sounded like an automatic weapon.
Few other details were released about what may have prompted the shooting, but detectives said they don't believe the incident was random.
Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to call Crime Stoppers of Indiana at 317-262-TIPS. Callers may also text INDYCS plus tip information to 274637.
Police: Indiana man confesses to all 7 killings
Police say an Indiana man has now definitively confessed to killing seven women whose bodies were found over the weekend in northwestern Indiana.
Pence won't reconsider bid for $80M pre-K grant
Gov. Mike Pence stood by his decision not to seek a federal preschool grant worth up to $80 million Tuesday despite calls for him to reconsider.
Ind. Supreme Court agrees to hear bus fee case
The Indiana Supreme Court has agreed to hear a case from Franklin Township that could determine if school districts can legally charge a fee…
Woman arrested for sneaking onto Colts field
Police arrested a woman after Colts security ejected her from Lucas Oil Stadium during the Bengals-Colts game.
Indiana sets up Ebola hotline for questions
The Indiana State Department of Health has opened a call center to answer the public's questions about Ebola.
State responds to David Bisard's appeal
The state has responded to the appeal filed by lawyers for former Indianapolis officer David Bisard in July.