ORLANDO, Fla. - An Indiana boy was recovering in a Florida hospital after he was injured during vacation -- possibly by a shark.
Michelle Jarman said her 8-year-old son Aadyn and his friends were playing on the beach Monday when he felt something brush up against him.
Jarman said she heard her son start screaming, and when she pulled him out of the water, part of his knee bone was exposed.
Doctors said it was either a shark or a very sharp piece of metal that hurt Aadyn.
The young boy has already undergone one surgery in Florida. Aadyn's family said he will have to see an orthopedic specialist when they return to Indiana later in the week.
Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.
Chlorine leak prompts water plant evacuation
A chemical leak prompted the evacuation of the Speedway Water Treatment Plant Wednesday morning.
Man, boy critically injured in apartment fire
A man and a boy were critically injured in a fire at an apartment building in Cumberland late Wednesday morning.
Agencies offer utility help for Hoosiers in need
Help is available for Hoosiers who need assistance with home energy costs this winter.
Man arrested after shooting, SWAT situation
A man was arrested Wednesday morning after a shooting and assault in a street that resulted in a standoff at a home.
Judge dismisses Spierer's parents' lawsuit
A federal judge has thrown out a civil lawsuit filed by the parents of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.
Amtrak adds amenities to Hoosier State line
Amtrak is adding free Wi-Fi, modest food service and business class seating to a passenger line that runs between Indianapolis and Chicago…