MICHIGAN CITY, Ind. - A coroner says a 5-year-old boy died from an accidental hanging at a northern Indiana day care.
LaPorte County Coroner John Sullivan says Amareon Williams of Michigan City died from asphyxiation caused by a rope that was tied to a piece of playground equipment.
Sullivan tells the LaPorte County Herald-Argus that the rope probably shouldn't have been on the equipment at Tricia's Playhouse and Day Care.
Michigan City emergency workers were called Monday afternoon to the day care in the city about 30 miles west of South Bend. Amareon was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
GOP lawmakers plan to clarify RFRA
Just one day after Gov. Mike Pence defended the Religious Freedom Restoration Act on the national stage, Indiana Republicans say they're…
Firefighters battle blaze inside Zionsville home
ZIONSVILLE -- Residents in one Boone County neighborhood were on alert early Monday after a fire sparked in a home near Interstate 865.
1 hospitalized after van crashes near Lawrence
One person was hospitalized early Monday after a serious crash near Lawrence.
Pacers clinch 104-99 win over Dallas
C.J. Miles scored 28 points and made a key 3-pointer with a minute left to help the Indiana Pacers beat the Dallas Mavericks 104-99 on Sunday night.
Peace March held for victims of quadruple murder
Dozens of people gathered to march Sunday in a show of solidarity for the family of four people murdered in Indianapolis this week.