INDIANAPOLIS - The people of Indiana are flocking together Tuesday for World Cup Watch parties across the state.
USA's soccer team is ready for its Round of 16 match against Belgium, which kicks off at 4 p.m. on ESPN.
The big party in Indy? The World Cup Block Party on Massachusetts Avenue in downtown Indianapolis. It comes with food trucks, beer gardens and a family fun zone.
Mass. Ave. will be closed starting at 9:30 a.m. and won't open back up again until after the party is over. Check out our list and map below for more on the block party.
OTHER INDIANA WORLD CUP WATCH PARTIES
The City of Carmel is hosting a big-screen jumbotron watch party at the corner of Main Street and the Monon Trail. Bring your own lawn chairs and blankets and it's free!
And for all of you in Fort Wayne, Parkview Field will host a World Cup Watch Party, as well. Find more info on that here.
Here are a few things you need to know about the Mass Ave Block Party:
- Gates open at 2 p.m. Get there early!
- Free admission! The first 500 people who get inside will get a free Indy Eleven vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies poster.
- 9-by-12-foot TVs will be positioned for everyone to watch.
- Bring your own lawn and camping chairs. Personal coolers are permitted!
- Parking: You can park for free at the Old National Centre lot. Old National Centre will open its doors to screen the match in the case of bad weather.
- A family area will be set up with an Indy Eleven interactive area.
- More information here.
Block Party Map
GREEN: Area of Mass Ave that's shut down beginning at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday
BLUE: Family Fun Zone
RED: Food Trucks
BLACK PINPOINT: Restrooms
ORANGE PINPOINTS: Beer Gardens
GREEN PINPOINT: Old National Centre, where you can park and also go if the block party is canceled by rain.
Can't see our map? Tap or click here.
Ft. Wayne rapper shoots himself for music video
A man who claims to be a Fort Wayne-based rapper apparently shot himself in the face last week for a music video.
Proposal could return middle schools to IPS
Middle schools may return to Indianapolis after years of being phased into district high schools.
Patchy fog overnight. Warm Wednesday.
Patchy fog tonight. Warm tomorrow.
Three injured in multi-car pileup on I-65
Three people were taken to the hospital following a multi-car pileup on I-65 Tuesday.
Proposed law would shore up school-terror safety
U.S. Congressman Luke Messer (R-6) says the federal government could be doing more to keep your kids safe at school, especially when there…