INDIANAPOLIS - The people of Indiana are flocking together Tuesday for World Cup Watch parties across the state.
USA's soccer team is ready for its Round of 16 match against Belgium, which kicks off at 4 p.m. on ESPN.
The big party in Indy? The World Cup Block Party on Massachusetts Avenue in downtown Indianapolis. It comes with food trucks, beer gardens and a family fun zone.
Mass. Ave. will be closed starting at 9:30 a.m. and won't open back up again until after the party is over. Check out our list and map below for more on the block party.
OTHER INDIANA WORLD CUP WATCH PARTIES
The City of Carmel is hosting a big-screen jumbotron watch party at the corner of Main Street and the Monon Trail. Bring your own lawn chairs and blankets and it's free!
And for all of you in Fort Wayne, Parkview Field will host a World Cup Watch Party, as well. Find more info on that here.
Here are a few things you need to know about the Mass Ave Block Party:
- Gates open at 2 p.m. Get there early!
- Free admission! The first 500 people who get inside will get a free Indy Eleven vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies poster.
- 9-by-12-foot TVs will be positioned for everyone to watch.
- Bring your own lawn and camping chairs. Personal coolers are permitted!
- Parking: You can park for free at the Old National Centre lot. Old National Centre will open its doors to screen the match in the case of bad weather.
- A family area will be set up with an Indy Eleven interactive area.
- More information here.
Block Party Map
GREEN: Area of Mass Ave that's shut down beginning at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday
BLUE: Family Fun Zone
RED: Food Trucks
BLACK PINPOINT: Restrooms
ORANGE PINPOINTS: Beer Gardens
GREEN PINPOINT: Old National Centre, where you can park and also go if the block party is canceled by rain.
Can't see our map? Tap or click here.
Tonight: Patchy drizzle and colder
Improving weather comes our way tonight into Sunday.
ITW: Guests talk ISIS, refugees, Indy violence
On Indianapolis This Week, guests discuss Syrian refugees, ISIS and violence in Indianapolis.
NW Indiana lawmakers push pro sports team bill
A group of lawmakers dreaming of bringing a professional sports team to northwestern Indiana is pushing a bill that would create a panel to…
George's big game pushes Pacers past Bulls
Paul George and the Indiana Pacers picked up right where they left off before a three-day break.
Monrovia wins Class 2A State Championship
The Monrovia football team beat Whiting 33-6 Saturday to win the Class 2A State Championship.