INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis police (IMPD) officer Kimberlee Carmack died after her ex-husband shot her last week. Wednesday, the community is coming together to mourn and remember her.
Officer Carmack has been recognized for her deep involvement in the community. See some of her many accomplishments we discovered in this story dedicated to her service.
The funeral for Officer Carmack will take place at 11 a.m. at Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral (1347 N. Meridian St.) and the procession will immediately follow, ending at Crown Hill Cemetery.
Here's the procession route for Officer Carmack's funeral:
• Beginning on Meridian Street at 14th Strett, heads north
• Heads west on 16th Street to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street
• Heads south on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to Michigan Street, west on Michigan to King Avenue, north on King to 16th Street (that passes by her district)
• East on 16th Street to Belleview Place
• North on Belleview, crossing over Lafayette Road to Cold Spring Road, north on Cold Spring to 38th Street
• East on 38th to Capitol Avenue
• South on Capitol to 34th Street
• West on 34th into Crown Hill Cemetery
TRAFFIC ALERT: Meridian Street will be closed beginning at 9 a.m. If you're not involved with the procession, drivers should avoid the areas highlighted on the map below.