INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana education officials are negotiating with CTB/McGraw-Hill over widespread disruptions that knocked thousands of students off last year's online ISTEP+ tests.
The state has said it wants more than $600,000 for the problems, but it's unlikely to see a cash payout. McGraw-Hill Education spokesman Brian Belardi tells The Indianapolis Star (http://indy.st/1ik6QG8 ) that the damages will be covered by credits for ongoing, past and future services.
CTB/McGraw-Hill is in the final year of a four-year, $95 million contract to administer the test.
A report released in July found about 80,000 students in third through eighth grade had at least one part of the statewide standardized test interrupted when server glitches from CTB/McGraw-Hill kicked them offline. That's about 16 percent of all students who took the test.
Man accused of beating mother unconscious
A Muncie man is accused of attacking his own mother after she suggested he get a job.
Block Burners gang members arrested in Kentucky
Two members of the Block Burners gang targeted by the FBI last week were arrested Tuesday night in Kentucky.
Driver in fatal bus crash had suspended license
A 6-year-old boy was killed and several others were injured in a church bus crash on Interstate 70 on Tuesday afternoon.
CALL 6: Floorboard rust problem irks drivers
Call 6 Investigates has uncovered a problem that could be lurking right under your feet, and some car owners are demanding action.
Mayor: Connersville out of financial emergency
The mayor of cash-strapped Connersville said the city has emerged from an extended period of belt tightening.