Jamar Perkins found guilty in 2011 murder of Clayton Battice

Perkins to be sentenced May 29

INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis man was found guilty of murder Wednesday in the June 2011 shooting of 61-year-old Clayton Battice.

Jamar Perkins, who was 16 years old at the time of the shooting, was found guilty of murder and attempted robbery, Marion County officials said.

Police said Perkins, along with Anthony Shockley, 19, and Johnathan Williams, 18, killed Battice in the parking lot of his apartment complex  in the 3000 block of Bavarian Village East Drive as he returned home from work.

Battice had just gotten off his shift at Wonder Bread about 4:30 a.m. that morning.

Police said the shooting marked the latest in a long pattern of violence and arrests for Perkins.

Perkins had already racked up numerous arrests in 2008 for auto theft, burglary and armed robbery, police said.

Perkins was scheduled to be sentenced for the murder on May 29.

Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.
 

Print this article Back to Top