MUNSTER, Ind. - A northwest Indiana judge has rejected a request by the Indiana attorney general's office that he put on hold his order striking down the state's right-to-work law until the state Supreme Court rules on a similar case.
The Times of Munster reports Lake County Judge George Paras' order was posted on the court docket Wednesday after being issued last week.
Attorney General's Office spokesman Bryan Corbin told The Associated Press that it hasn't received the order but that it plans to file a new motion for a stay with the Indiana Supreme Court. Corbin says to avoid inconsistency, the trial court should wait for the Supreme Court to rule.
Paras determined the law violates the state constitution by forcing unions to provide services to workers without payment.
Suspect, victim in murder-suicide identified
Police now know the identities of the two people shot and killed in an apparent murder-suicide on the city's northeast side.
WATCH: One-on-one with Sen. Bernie Sanders
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders spoke one-on-one with RTV6 reporter Chris Proffitt Monday night before a rally at Monument Circle.
WATCH: One-on-one with Sen. Ted Cruz
RTV6 reporter Katie Heinz got a one-on-one with Sen. Ted Cruz less than 12 hours before polls open in the crucial Indiana primaries.
Storm hits Beech Grove man with 'double whammy'
Sunday night's storms added insult to injury for Beech Grove resident Andrew West.
Indy 500 close to first sell-out in 25 years
For the first time in 25 years, the Indianapolis 500 may be a sell-out.