Man charged in four S. Indiana deaths appears in court

COLUMBUS, Ind. - A southern Indiana man has made his initial court appearance on charges he fatally shot four people in a southern Indiana home last year.

A Bartholomew County judge read the names of the four victims to 56-year-old Samuel Sallee during the hearing by video conference Tuesday from the county jail.

The judge asked if Sallee understood he faced murder charges for each death. The Republic reports  Sallee answered by saying "Yeah."

Authorities have said Sallee is the only person suspected in the May 11 attack in which a woman and three men were killed in Waynesville, a small community outside Columbus. Sallee has been jailed since soon afterward on other charges.

He has denied killing the four people, whom he says were his friends.

Print this article Back to Top