Martinsville man smoking while using oxygen killed in early morning fire, police say
Man pronounced dead at hospital
Last Updated: 63 days ago
MARTINSVILLE, Ind. - A Martinsville man killed in an early morning apartment fire had been smoking while on oxygen, police said.
Officers were called to 30 South Drive just before 5 a.m. on a report of a fire and found the man unconscious on a bed with a cigarette burning on a blanket next to him.
Police and firefighters attempted CPR, but the man was pronounced dead at Indiana University Health Morgan Hospital.
The fire damage was limited to a burn hole in the man's mattress and some blankets.
The man's name had not been released Tuesday.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.