A firefighter was injured battling a massive fire that broke out early Tuesday at a home on the city's south side, Indianapolis Fire Department officials said.
Dispatchers said just after 5 a.m., IFD was called to the home in the 2300 block of Beecher Street, near Raymond Street and Keystone Avenue, on reports of a structure fire.
The blaze quickly engulfed the home, and the flames were shooting through the roof, firefighters said.
A firefighter fell through the floor of the home and injuring his knee. He was treated at the scene, officials said.
The homeowner escaped the fire with minor injuries.
Investigators said the fire was likely sparked by an unattended stove in the kitchen.