No injuries were reported at an early morning apartment fire on the city's northwest side Friday.
Pike Township fire crews were called to the building in the 5900 block of Guion Road after a passerby noticed a fire and called 911.
A family of four lives in the apartment; the two children weren't home at the time of the fire, and the two adults were able to get out safely.
Investigators said the ashes in an outside grill might have sparked the fire, but that has not been officially determined.
'31BITES' to help shops along US 31 in Carmel
The U.S. 31 road construction project in Hamilton County has taken a bite out of the profits of restaurants that sit along that stretch of…
County fairgrounds scrutinized by city, state
The Call 6 Investigators are digging into allegations of safety problems at the Marion County Fairgrounds.
Carmel doing back-to-school shopping for parents
A central Indiana school district hopes to make back-to-school shopping easier and cheaper for parents of elementary school students.
Shelbyville man charged in gf's 2010 murder
A man arrested in connection to a Shelbyville cold case was charged with murder Thursday.
FOP: Response to sale of shirts 'overwhelming'
The Fraternal Order of Police said the worldwide response to the sale of T-shirts honoring fallen Officer Perry Renn has been overwhelming.
Does IMPD need an Alcohol Anonymous program?
Indianapolis Metro Police executives are considering an Alcoholics Anonymous program for officers following a recent string of…