Officials link 6 Indiana deaths to winter storm

INDIANAPOLIS - The number of Indiana deaths that authorities are blaming on the heavy snow and subzero temperatures has risen to six.

Madison County Coroner Marian Dunnichay tells The Herald Bulletin the body of a 23-year-old Anderson man was found in the snow about 3 p.m. Tuesday. An autopsy is pending, but Dunnichay says the man had been exposed to the elements for 30 or more hours and the death is definitely weather-related.

She says a second death occurred when a 66-year-old Anderson man collapsed and died of heart troubles while shoveling snow Sunday.

The other deaths occurred in Indianapolis. Two men in their 60s collapsed and died after working outside. Officials said both men had some prior medical history.

Two older women, 75 and 88, were both found dead outside by neighbors or family members.
 

Print this article Back to Top