Pets escape safely from Hendricks Co. fire

LIBERTY TOWNSHIP, Ind. - Firefighters fought heavy fire and smoke Sunday night after a Clayton home caught fire.

Liberty Township emergency crews were dispatched to a home on the 900 block of E. County Road 900 S. in Hendricks County just before 8 p.m.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames pouring out of the home, which had pets trapped inside, they said.

Fortunately, the animals were all able to escape safely and the fire was brought under control within 30 minutes.

The same property had a fire two years ago in a barn behind the residence. A number of livestock were killed in that fire, Liberty Township officials said.

Print this article Back to Top