P.F. Chang's, Champps evacuated due to smoke

No signs of fire found

INDIANAPOLIS - Fire crews were called to Circle Centre mall Wednesday after smoke was reported in two restaurants.

P.F. Chang's and Chammps Americana were evacuated while firefighters investigated the source of the smoke.

The Indianapolis Fire Department tweeted from its official account, @IFD_NEWS, that power and ventilation to the restaurants were shut off while crews worked.

After a few minutes, fire crews found no signs of fire and determined an overheated heater motor had caused the smoke. Fire officials estimate the smoke caused about $15,000 in damage.

Indianapolis Power and Light was called out to check the electrical system, and mall maintenance took over repairs.

No injuries were reported.

Print this article Back to Top