PLAINFIELD, Ind. -- Many parents decided to keep their kids home on Monday after another threat was posted online against Plainfield High School.
The school released a statement to its students Sunday evening, outlining new rules for Monday morning.
Students were checked with wands as they enter the building. Backpacks weren't allowed and purses were searched.
All high school students had to empty their pockets when they entered the building.
Additional officers were placed at the schools.
Police say the extra security will stay in place until further notice.
One parent told RTV6, "They didn't make me feel safe about it so I kept my kids home." Another parent said, "A ton of kids are missing," from class. The district did not release official attendance numbers Monday.
Despite the threats and the security, students were able to begin their day without an incident.
"I know parents are seeking out more information," Plainfield Police Department Captain Jill Lees said. "We just don't have a lot of that at this time. Because they're still actively investigating this and we don't have a suspect in custody or a genuine direction for where this is going. We would really hope parents would speak to their children about the safety measures."
The new threat was posted overnight Saturday, and is believed to be the same person who made several online threats last month.
The district closed schools the day before Christmas break while police investigated the threats.
The person, posting on Facebook, said they would shoot anyone in the school.