INDIANAPOLIS - Police have arrested eight people they said are "major suppliers" of heroin in Madison County.
The arrests were made Wednesday night after officers executed a search warrant in the 8400 block of Clear Water Lane in Indianapolis.
Police said they found drugs worth an estimated $250,000, including almost three pounds of heroin and half a kilo of cocaine. Officers also found almost $100,000 in cash.
The suspects arrested are:
- Shaunette Yvonne Brooks, 36, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jerome Dixon, 42, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jessica Rose Inholt, 25, of Anderson. Held on $1 million bond.
- Brian C. Deweese, 41,of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Jayme Michelle Dollens, 22, of Pendleton. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Bobby Wayne Moore, 64, of Anderson. Held on $20,000 bond.
- Jon Robert Niccum, 38, of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- James Alexis Dixon, 44, of New York. Held on $105,000 bond.
Deputy prosecutor Steve Koester says the group accounted for "a significant portion" of the heroin in Anderson.
Detective Joel Sandefur of the Anderson Police Department says investigators believe those arrested were "major suppliers of heroin to Anderson and other Madison County communities."
Sandefur said the arrests came at the end of a six-month investigation into a heroin distribution ring involving New York, Indianapolis and Madison County. One of the eight persons arrested was from New York City.
WATCH: Local officer gets 'funky' on dashcam
A local police officer decided to create his own "funky" salute to the Dover Police Department's viral hit.
Suspect speaks for first time since arrest
After seven months behind bars, Major Davis II speaks to the media for the first time.
Indianapolis 12-year-old heads to Broadway
He may only be 12 years old, but an Indianapolis sixth-grader is heading to New York City to prepare for his Broadway debut.
DEA agents raid Indianapolis medical practice
An Indianapolis medical practice on the city's near-north side was raided by federal agents Thursday evening.
Morgan County firefighter accused of theft
A warrant was issued for the arrest of a Morgan County firefighter on Thursday.
StormTeam 6 Alert: Preparing for weekend snow
It's a StormTeam 6 Alert Day as Hoosiers brace for widespread weekend snow.