INDIANAPOLIS - Police have arrested eight people they said are "major suppliers" of heroin in Madison County.
The arrests were made Wednesday night after officers executed a search warrant in the 8400 block of Clear Water Lane in Indianapolis.
Police said they found drugs worth an estimated $250,000, including almost three pounds of heroin and half a kilo of cocaine. Officers also found almost $100,000 in cash.
The suspects arrested are:
- Shaunette Yvonne Brooks, 36, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jerome Dixon, 42, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jessica Rose Inholt, 25, of Anderson. Held on $1 million bond.
- Brian C. Deweese, 41,of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Jayme Michelle Dollens, 22, of Pendleton. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Bobby Wayne Moore, 64, of Anderson. Held on $20,000 bond.
- Jon Robert Niccum, 38, of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- James Alexis Dixon, 44, of New York. Held on $105,000 bond.
Deputy prosecutor Steve Koester says the group accounted for "a significant portion" of the heroin in Anderson.
Detective Joel Sandefur of the Anderson Police Department says investigators believe those arrested were "major suppliers of heroin to Anderson and other Madison County communities."
Sandefur said the arrests came at the end of a six-month investigation into a heroin distribution ring involving New York, Indianapolis and Madison County. One of the eight persons arrested was from New York City.
Senate could vote to defund Planned Parenthood
All eyes are on Washington D.C. where the U.S. Senate could vote Monday night to de-fund Planned Parenthood.
Seniors get colorful with parking-lot tradition
In just a few days, students in Lebanon will head back to class. But before that happens, an annual tradition must take place involving lots…
Indy VA employee accused of sexual assault
An employee at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center is accused of sexually harassing women for at least two years.
Court deputy placed on administrative leave
A Marion County Sheriff’s Office deputy has been placed on administrative leave with pay pending an internal investigation.
Driver in fatal church bus crash arrested
The driver of a church bus involved in a fatal crash last Tuesday afternoon was arrested Monday following his release from the hospital.