INDIANAPOLIS - Police have arrested eight people they said are "major suppliers" of heroin in Madison County.
The arrests were made Wednesday night after officers executed a search warrant in the 8400 block of Clear Water Lane in Indianapolis.
Police said they found drugs worth an estimated $250,000, including almost three pounds of heroin and half a kilo of cocaine. Officers also found almost $100,000 in cash.
The suspects arrested are:
- Shaunette Yvonne Brooks, 36, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jerome Dixon, 42, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jessica Rose Inholt, 25, of Anderson. Held on $1 million bond.
- Brian C. Deweese, 41,of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Jayme Michelle Dollens, 22, of Pendleton. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Bobby Wayne Moore, 64, of Anderson. Held on $20,000 bond.
- Jon Robert Niccum, 38, of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- James Alexis Dixon, 44, of New York. Held on $105,000 bond.
Deputy prosecutor Steve Koester says the group accounted for "a significant portion" of the heroin in Anderson.
Detective Joel Sandefur of the Anderson Police Department says investigators believe those arrested were "major suppliers of heroin to Anderson and other Madison County communities."
Sandefur said the arrests came at the end of a six-month investigation into a heroin distribution ring involving New York, Indianapolis and Madison County. One of the eight persons arrested was from New York City.
Pedestrian struck, killed in crash on east side
A man was dead after being hit by a pickup truck Thursday morning on an east-side roadway.
Family safe after fire; 2 dogs perish
A family of three made it out safely from a house fire on the northwest side of the city Thursday morning.
StormTeam 6 ACTION: Arctic air moves in
It's a StormTeam 6 Action Day. A blast of arctic air is moving in today after snow moved out of the state Wednesday night. We'll…
Mayor shares vision for elevated roundabout
The mayor of Carmel wants to install an elevated roundabout at an intersection notorious for traffic backups and accidents.
Jury finds Indy murder suspect not guilty
An Indianapolis jury found a teen accused in a September 2013 murder not guilty Tuesday.
Police: Man killed trying to invade ex's home
A woman told police she fatally shot her ex-boyfriend Wednesday morning after he kicked in her door.