INDIANAPOLIS - Police have arrested eight people they said are "major suppliers" of heroin in Madison County.
The arrests were made Wednesday night after officers executed a search warrant in the 8400 block of Clear Water Lane in Indianapolis.
Police said they found drugs worth an estimated $250,000, including almost three pounds of heroin and half a kilo of cocaine. Officers also found almost $100,000 in cash.
The suspects arrested are:
- Shaunette Yvonne Brooks, 36, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jerome Dixon, 42, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jessica Rose Inholt, 25, of Anderson. Held on $1 million bond.
- Brian C. Deweese, 41,of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Jayme Michelle Dollens, 22, of Pendleton. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Bobby Wayne Moore, 64, of Anderson. Held on $20,000 bond.
- Jon Robert Niccum, 38, of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- James Alexis Dixon, 44, of New York. Held on $105,000 bond.
Deputy prosecutor Steve Koester says the group accounted for "a significant portion" of the heroin in Anderson.
Detective Joel Sandefur of the Anderson Police Department says investigators believe those arrested were "major suppliers of heroin to Anderson and other Madison County communities."
Sandefur said the arrests came at the end of a six-month investigation into a heroin distribution ring involving New York, Indianapolis and Madison County. One of the eight persons arrested was from New York City.
Johnson Co. sheriff investigating child's death
Johnson County authorities were investigating the death of an 11-year-old boy in Greenwood on Saturday.
Off-duty state trooper extinguishes house fire
An off-duty Indiana State Trooper in Wayne County saved a home from going up in flames on Saturday.
IPS holds first-ever district-wide showcase
IPS leaders held the first-ever district-wide showcase this weekend in an attempt to lure back students who have left.
Friends, family mourn teens killed Thursday
Church members came together in remembrance Saturday for two young men killed this week on the northeast side.
Two popular holiday exhibits open this weekend
Two popular holiday exhibits opened Saturday in Indianapolis, and families were already taking advantage to get into the spirit.
Child unharmed after 8 minutes in icy pond
An 11-year-old boy was unharmed Saturday afternoon after falling into an icy pond on the west side.