INDIANAPOLIS - Police have arrested eight people they said are "major suppliers" of heroin in Madison County.
The arrests were made Wednesday night after officers executed a search warrant in the 8400 block of Clear Water Lane in Indianapolis.
Police said they found drugs worth an estimated $250,000, including almost three pounds of heroin and half a kilo of cocaine. Officers also found almost $100,000 in cash.
The suspects arrested are:
- Shaunette Yvonne Brooks, 36, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jerome Dixon, 42, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jessica Rose Inholt, 25, of Anderson. Held on $1 million bond.
- Brian C. Deweese, 41,of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Jayme Michelle Dollens, 22, of Pendleton. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Bobby Wayne Moore, 64, of Anderson. Held on $20,000 bond.
- Jon Robert Niccum, 38, of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- James Alexis Dixon, 44, of New York. Held on $105,000 bond.
Deputy prosecutor Steve Koester says the group accounted for "a significant portion" of the heroin in Anderson.
Detective Joel Sandefur of the Anderson Police Department says investigators believe those arrested were "major suppliers of heroin to Anderson and other Madison County communities."
Sandefur said the arrests came at the end of a six-month investigation into a heroin distribution ring involving New York, Indianapolis and Madison County. One of the eight persons arrested was from New York City.
How many people will be at the Indy 500?
With the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 now sold out, the race will be shown locally on RTV6. But for those who are…
Gregg names Rep. Hale as running mate
Democrat John Gregg named State Rep. Christina Hale as his running mate in the governor's race at a press conference on Wednesday.
Blackout lifted: Indy 500 will be LIVE on RTV6
Officials with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will lift the local blackout for the 100 th Running of the Indianapolis 500.
Have you seen these missing Indianapolis kids?
Wednesday is National Missing Children's Day, so take a look at ten missing children from Indianapolis. If you see any of them, call…
IMPD officer shoots at 3 armed robbery suspects
Members of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department are looking for three suspects after a police shooting on the city's northeast…