INDIANAPOLIS - Police have arrested eight people they said are "major suppliers" of heroin in Madison County.
The arrests were made Wednesday night after officers executed a search warrant in the 8400 block of Clear Water Lane in Indianapolis.
Police said they found drugs worth an estimated $250,000, including almost three pounds of heroin and half a kilo of cocaine. Officers also found almost $100,000 in cash.
The suspects arrested are:
- Shaunette Yvonne Brooks, 36, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jerome Dixon, 42, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jessica Rose Inholt, 25, of Anderson. Held on $1 million bond.
- Brian C. Deweese, 41,of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Jayme Michelle Dollens, 22, of Pendleton. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Bobby Wayne Moore, 64, of Anderson. Held on $20,000 bond.
- Jon Robert Niccum, 38, of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- James Alexis Dixon, 44, of New York. Held on $105,000 bond.
Deputy prosecutor Steve Koester says the group accounted for "a significant portion" of the heroin in Anderson.
Detective Joel Sandefur of the Anderson Police Department says investigators believe those arrested were "major suppliers of heroin to Anderson and other Madison County communities."
Sandefur said the arrests came at the end of a six-month investigation into a heroin distribution ring involving New York, Indianapolis and Madison County. One of the eight persons arrested was from New York City.
Pedestrian killed on I-465
A pedestrian was killed after being struck by a semi and a car on the city's northeast side Wednesday.
Indiana Supreme Court to hear IBM welfare case
A dispute between the state of Indiana and IBM over the company's failed attempt to privatize Indiana's welfare services is headed before the…
Ind. couple gets to keep disputed flag pole
A flag pole dispute is over between a veteran and his homeowners association.
Pence hits road for GOP; Dems plan final weekend
Republican Gov. Mike Pence has taken to the campaign trail to support Republican candidates for the General Assembly, making bus stops…
Police fire on suspect after Bloomington holdup
An armed robbery attempt overnight at a gas station near IU's campus led to police pursuing and shooting at the aggressor.
Parents trick-or-track kids
Halloween is fast approaching and parents of middle schoolers are getting nervous.