INDIANAPOLIS - Police have arrested eight people they said are "major suppliers" of heroin in Madison County.
The arrests were made Wednesday night after officers executed a search warrant in the 8400 block of Clear Water Lane in Indianapolis.
Police said they found drugs worth an estimated $250,000, including almost three pounds of heroin and half a kilo of cocaine. Officers also found almost $100,000 in cash.
The suspects arrested are:
- Shaunette Yvonne Brooks, 36, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jerome Dixon, 42, of Indianapolis. Held on $1 million bond.
- Jessica Rose Inholt, 25, of Anderson. Held on $1 million bond.
- Brian C. Deweese, 41,of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Jayme Michelle Dollens, 22, of Pendleton. Held on $50,000 bond.
- Bobby Wayne Moore, 64, of Anderson. Held on $20,000 bond.
- Jon Robert Niccum, 38, of Anderson. Held on $50,000 bond.
- James Alexis Dixon, 44, of New York. Held on $105,000 bond.
Deputy prosecutor Steve Koester says the group accounted for "a significant portion" of the heroin in Anderson.
Detective Joel Sandefur of the Anderson Police Department says investigators believe those arrested were "major suppliers of heroin to Anderson and other Madison County communities."
Sandefur said the arrests came at the end of a six-month investigation into a heroin distribution ring involving New York, Indianapolis and Madison County. One of the eight persons arrested was from New York City.
Victim serious after north side shooting
A person was in serious condition Friday night after being shot multiple times on the north side.
Frustrated driver reflects on highway rant
A frustrated driver reflected on a showdown on I-5 in La Jolla between him and Ferguson protesters that’s gone viral.
Small plane with 4 aboard crashes in Michigan
Authorities are investigating a small plane crash in Berrien County in the southwest corner of Michigan.
IMPD arrests three in west side robberies
Indianapolis police were investigating two armed robberies on the city’s west side Friday morning.
Mom shares car seat concern after son's death
With the busy holiday travel weekend underway, a mother of three is making an emotional plea to anyone transporting a child, Call 6…
Police chase ends in fatal crash on east side
A police chase ended in a fatal crash on the city's east side Friday morning.