Given the magnitude of the case, the search warrant could only be described as routine, but the timing of its execution was at best unusual.
On Tuesday, police downplayed the presence of more than one mobile crime lab and the several hours that investigators spent searching the residence.
"We just want to make sure we've vetted every area that we know of, that we've done everything to find the baby," Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Sgt. Kendale Adams said.
The search for the baby started after Wilson's dad, 23-year-old Willie Wilson, told police his son was abducted last Wednesday by a man and woman who knocked him out in an alley near his home just west of downtown Indianapolis.
The fact that the baby remains missing has unnerved the neighborhood.
"It's a little on edge. A lot of the neighbors are worried because there's a lot of kids over here. They're just hoping the baby comes home safely, which I am too," area resident Christina Richey said.
The parents of the infant, Taniasha Perkins and Willie Wilson, have posted fliers throughout the neighborhood. But so far, the baby has seemingly disappeared without a trace, with no demands for ransom and no contact with the kidnappers.
Police said they have no plans to conduct any further organized searches unless they get a phone tip on a possible sighting of the baby or his kidnappers.
Authorities said they have high expectations that the evidence collected from the home late Monday night and early Tuesday morning will tell them where the case will go next.