BROWNSBURG, Ind. - Police said officers arrested three people already flagged by the FBI for other robberies overnight after they held up a Steak 'n Shake in Brownsburg, Ind.
Early Wednesday morning, officers arrested Darian Dowdell, 21; Armand Fuller, 20; and Fletcher Greer, 21. (Note: In our original story Wednesday, Brownsburg police and IMPD officials misinformed RTV6 on the spelling of Dowdell's name.)
The Brownsburg Police Department said at 12:15 a.m. Wednesday, officers got word from IMPD and the FBI that three men were in Brownsburg and were under surveillance. They are suspected of robbing several locations in Indianapolis.
Brownsburg dispatchers said just 15 minutes later, police received a text message from a Steak 'n Shake patron that three men were holding up the Steak 'n Shake at 21 Maplehurst Drive.
Investigators said the men had entered through the back door of the restaurant through the kitchen to the cash register, demanding money. They had at least one handgun pointed at employees during the exchange, police said.
After getting away from the Steak 'n Shake with $700 in cash and a wallet, police and FBI vehicles pursued the car, chasing it until it ran off the road at county roads 50 West and 500 North in Danville, Ind.
IMPD said the three men are believed to be responsible for a dozen other robberies in Marion County, dating back to November 2013:
• 11/29/2013 at 7270 W. 10th St. (Speedway gas station)
• 12/01/2013 at 8202 Allisonville Road (Speedway gas station)
• 12/05/2013 at 4705 E. 10th St. (McDonald's)
• 12/26/2013 at 3435 W. 16th St. (McDonald's)
• 01/01/2014 at 7270 W. 10th St. (Speedway gas station, had been hit once before)
• 01/02/2014 at 5198 N. Keystone Avenue (McDonald's)
• 01/10/2014 at 1340 W. 86th St. (Speedway gas station)
• 01/14/2014 at 4802 W. 57th St. (McDonald's)
• 01/17/2014 at 1420 N. Capitol (Starbucks)
• 01/27/2014 at 2830 Madison Avenue (McDonald's)
• 01/30/2014 at 8456 Michigan Road (Jack in the Box)
• 02/05/2014 at 4851 College Avenue (Little Caesars Pizza)
Dowdell, Fuller and Greer are being held in the Hendricks County Jail on preliminary charges of robbery, criminal confinement and pointing a firearm.
Watch Good Morning Indiana on RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.