Underground gas leak reported in Hamilton County on Lantern Road and 116th Street
Vectrren Energy officials confirm leak
Last Updated: 382 days ago
FISHERS, Ind. - An underground gas leak was reported in Fishers just after midnight on Monday, Hamilton County officials said.
Fishers Deputy Fire Marshal Ron Lipps said a driver in the area of Lantern Road and 116th Street reported a gas smell about 12:15 a.m., and called 911.
Fishers firefighters and representatives from Vectren Energy were called to the scene and confirmed a leak seeping from underground.
Due to the leak's proximity to Fishers Elementary, school officials were made aware of the situation.
No homes were evacuated, but Lantern Road near 116th Street was shut down as Vectren crews worked to repair the leak.
Lipps said crews were able to stop the leak just before noon.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.