INDIANAPOLIS and GREENWOOD, Ind. - By the looks of it, Thursday is going to bring rain and chilly temperatures, making trick-or-treating a soggy event -- that is, unless families choose to take costumed kids inside at one of several indoor trick-or-treating events.
Simon Malls said trick-or-treaters are invited to visit one of these nearby malls for free candy and fun this Friday. It’s being called “Malloween.” Participating retailers will be handing out candy as trick-or-treaters show off their costumes throughout the mall. NOTE: Simon Malls announced Wednesday evening that these events are being pushed back to FRIDAY.
Malloween hours and locations:
- Castleton Square Mall: 4 to 6 p.m. on Friday (6020 E. 82nd St.)
- Washington Square Mall: From 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday (10202 E. Washington St.)
- Greenwood Park Mall: 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday (1251 U.S. Highway 31 North in Greenwood, Ind.)
Other safe indoor trick-or-treating venues:
- Safe Night Halloween in the Indiana State Fairgrounds Champions Pavilion: From 5 to 7 p.m., children 12 and younger get in free for fun Halloween activities. Kids must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Decatur Township Fire Department's 11th Annual Safe Halloween: From 5:30 to 8 p.m., families are invited to come to the Armstrong Pavilion at 5251 Kentucky Ave. in Indianapolis.
- All Hallow's Eve at the Southport Antique Mall: From 5 to 7 p.m., kids and families are invited to indoor trick-or-treating, a scavenger hunt, costume contest and more. The mall is located at 2028 E. Southport Road.
-The Children's Museum Guild has decided to keep the Haunted House at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis open until 8:30 p.m. on Halloween. It will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Anyone with information on other indoor trick-or-treat events can send information to WRTVwebstaff@wrtv.com.