Space heater sparks fire inside Westfield home
Homeowner escaped unharmed, officials say
Last Updated: 388 days ago
HAMILTON COUNTY, Ind. -
A space heater sparked a fire at a home in Westfield early Friday, causing thousands of dollars in damages to the home, officials said.
Just after midnight, Westfield firefighters were dispatched to the 14000 block of Little Eagle Creek on reports of a smoke alarm.
When firefighters arrived they reported seeing flames shooting through the first floor of the home. The elderly homeowner was able to escape unharmed, and was treated for minor injuries at the scene, officials said.
Westfield crews gained control of the difficult fire with assistance from Carmel, Sheridan, Zionsville, and Perry Township fire departments.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.