GREATER INDIANAPOLIS - It’s a big weekend in Greater Indianapolis, with lots of things to do while the weather is still (relatively) nice.
If you’re an official and you want your event listed, send the information to email@example.com.
- Circle of Lights installation: Watch as hundreds take part in stringing the nearly 5,000 lights at Monument Circle from roughly 8:45 to 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Winter Farmers Market in Indianapolis: Begins at 9 a.m. Saturday and runs through 12:30 p.m. from now until April. Head to 202 E. Market St.
- Bands of America (regionals) at Lucas Oil Stadium: The box office opens at 7:15 a.m. Saturday and you can watch performances from high school bands until nearly 4:30 p.m., when the competition ends and awards are given. Head to 500 S. Capitol Ave.
- Hamilton Town Center’s Fourth-Annual Holiday Festival: Live entertainment, Santa’s grand arrival, fireworks and more happen from 1 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the mall.
- Tree Planting: Volunteers will begin planting trees at 9 a.m. on the north side of 56th Street from I-465 west to the entrance of Eagle Creek Park. Meet in the Mayor’s Garden Parking Lot south of 56th on Reed Road.
- IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk: Happening from 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Main Street and Rangeline Road.
- LGBT Film Series at the Indianapolis Museum of Art: Come watch films, including a documentary on Ruth Dix, as part of the museum's LGBT film series.