FISHERS, Ind. - Two young children were able to escape their Fishers home safely after a grease fire spread to the rest of the structure.
Around 8:15 p.m. Thursday night, Fishers firefighters were dispatched to a home on the 9700 block of Springdale Drive.
They arrived to find fire and heavy smoke pouring from a residence.
After extinguishing the fire, emergency crews determined that two children and three pets who were inside the house had escaped safely.
Firefighters said a 6-year-old boy alerted his 9-year-old brother to the fire. The older brother then pushed his younger sibling outside before running for help. The boys told police their parents had left the home for just a few minutes on an errand.
The fire is believed to have begun from grease left unattended on the stove, causing flames which eventually spread to cabinets.
Firefighters estimated damage to the house at $300,000.
In Indianapolis, if you travel the speed limit you’re supposed to hit all green lights, to keep traffic moving smoothly. But…
See all of the scores for Kentucky high school basketball sectionals round one.
The sheriff in Johnson County says there's a problem with stray bullets hitting property and even in one case, a person. The guns are…
Police have taken a person of interest in for questioning after several signs were stolen from property in Henry County.
ALERT: Frost Advisory issued for central Indiana tonight through 8 am Saturday morning.