INDIANAPOLIS - The owner of a local business was seriously injured when his clothes caught fire on the city’s east side Tuesday evening.
The two-alarm fire was reported at Graham's Auto and Body Shop in the 3900 block of East 21st Street just after 7 p.m., officials with the Indianapolis Fire Department said.
Daniel Graham, the 59-year-old owner of the shop, was inside with two other employees working on a car repair with a torch. IFD said Graham's clothes caught fire and the flames spread from there.
Crews said one of the other employees, 59-year-old Anthony Beverly, ripped off Graham's burning shirt as he ran by.
IFD said Graham suffered second-degree burns and was taken to Eskenazi Health in serious condition. Beverly was taken to Eskenazi Health in good condition. The third employee did not suffer any injuries.
Authorities said 75 firefighters were called to the scene and the fire was under control just before 9 p.m.
The business has been at the 21st Street location for about 20 years.
Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.
Man arrested after shooting, SWAT situation
A man was arrested Wednesday morning after a shooting and assault in a street that resulted in a standoff at a home.
Man, boy critically injured in apartment fire
A man and a boy were critically injured in an explosion and fire at an apartment building in Cumberland late Wednesday morning.
Center Grove approves raises for school workers
Administrators, support staff and teachers in the Center Grove Community School Corp. will all receive raises, at a cost of $230,000 to the…
Judge dismisses Spierer's parents' lawsuit
A federal judge has thrown out a civil lawsuit filed by the parents of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.
Chlorine leak prompts water plant evacuation
A chemical leak prompted the evacuation of the Speedway Water Treatment Plant Wednesday morning.
Agencies offer utility help for Hoosiers in need
Help is available for Hoosiers who need assistance with home energy costs this winter.